Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Easy Ham, Egg & Cheese Muffin Cup Breakfast

So I've been seeing lots of recipe posts on Pinterest for Ham & Egg cups. I'm all about finding different breakfast items that make my morning a little easier, that don't result in cold cereal. Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy breakfast cereal, but I like to mix it up - so we get some variety. Who wants to make a full on breakfast every morning. Not this lady! I'm not what you call a morning person. So I was excited to find these recipes for breakfast....easy, custom made to your liking, and you can make a bunch and store them in the fridge for the week. Yes, please!

End result: Delicious and easy!


Ingredients:
Ham (I had a packaged thin sliced honey ham. I used 2 slices per cup, so pending the size of the slice you might only need 1/2 a slice - 2 slices. I'd use black forest ham or similar in the future - just because I'd prefer salt vs. honey)
Eggs (for 6 muffins I used 4 eggs)
Milk 
Various veggies/cheese - veggies, cheese, etc. (I was out of veggies, so it was just cheese)
Various spices - what you normally season scrambled eggs with if any (I use pepper and Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion - basically a flavorful dehydrated onion seasoning)
Non-stick spray


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
3. Line your muffin cups with ham slices
4. Scramble your eggs as you normally would and season if you'd like
5. Add a light layer of cheese & veggies on top of the ham
6. Add scrambled eggs on top and fill to just below top of muffin tin
7. Bake for about 15 minutes (give or take depending on your oven). Bake until eggs are firm
8. Store left overs in the fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment