Wednesday, September 3, 2014

School is now in session!

Does anyone else think of the Billy Madison's "Back to School" song when they start seeing school buses, backpacks, and lunchboxes? Maybe it's just me, but either way, it's fun to see all the Facebook pictures of kid's first day of school. There is so much excitement in the air for knowledge, or maybe it's to show off their cool new starter jacket, Doc Martins, and shirt they tried on in front of the mirror seventeen times. Oh wait...maybe, that was my childhood. I digress. 


The first day is always so thrilling in anything - you feel energized and excited. It could be a new job, a new class, a new diet, first day of school, etc. Well, school is in session, but nobody is in school at our house, but I can feel the energetic pulse regardless. So with that said, I used that energy to get the house in order, spend quality time with my kids, and fit in some education with them while I was at it.

Day 1: kitchen cleaned, living area cleaned, 2 loads of laundry done, brushed the dog, checked emails, went to the library, read a ton of books to my kids, the kids colored pictures for my husband for work, we did a letter B craft, made chili for dinner, and dehydrated apples.




So like I said...it was Day 1. Excitement, motivation, energy...insert other positive words. You get the idea.

As a full-time mom I struggle daily to find balance in keeping the sanity in my house (dishes, laundry, Legos and tiny itty-bitty toys off the floor, etc), educational/social opportunities for my kids, and time for myself. These are my struggles as a full-time mom, but as humans we ALL struggle to stay on track with our goals, and there is comfort in knowing that.

In an effort to find that "perfect" balance as a full-time mom. I found a routine that works for us (when the stars align)

A Full-Time Mom's Schedule (wishful thinking):
Breakfast - at the table, no TV, just talking and waking up
Morning Cartoons - on the couch or they can play in the livingroom, and I get a minute to enjoy some coffee
Let the day begin - Playing, outings, outside, craft, preschool type learning, reading, etc.
Snack
Playtime/Pickup toys before lunch
Lunch
Naps/quiet time
I work on one or some of the following: dinner, clean, shower, blog, bills, etc.
Snack
Playtime
Pick-up
Dinner

Let's be honest, my days don't usually look like this, but I TRY, and if you are trying you at least have a goal. So if you are trying to get back into a routine, exercise more, eat less, be more financially responsible...whatever your new journey might be, good luck to you! School is now in session!

No comments:

Post a Comment