Tips for camping with little ones:
* Prep all food and make foods that are easy to prepare -think pasta salads, sandwiches, hot dogs
* Bring lots of snacks
* Accept that your kids will be up later than normal
* Bring a bucket - have them collect different things (like a scavenger hunt).
* Bring all their favorites - blankie, beloved stuffed animal, etc.
* Bring a travel high chair - this was great for eating
and confinement when you no longer want to chase!
* Bring long pants, long shirt, socks (so at dusk you
can change them to help prevent mosquitoes)
* Bring a flashlight/lantern - kids love to play with it and great for bedtime
It was such a success that we are already planning our next camping trip. Roman hasn't stopped talking about it. This morning I asked him what he wanted to do today and he said "go camping!" So I told him we coudln't go camping today, but we could pretend. I helped him make a tent, sleeping bag, and trail mix.
Stickers/Photo's to use for heads
Stickers/Markers/Crayons to decorate tent
Double sided tape
We needed to refuel after all that crafty fun, so we made some trail mix.