Friday, August 15, 2014

August 2014 Birchbox Subscription Review

So I've been having fun with the subscription box Ipsy and decided to try a new subscription box called Birchbox. It's very similar to Ipsy, and it's also only $10 a month shipped. It arrived today! :)

I found this pretty pink box in my mail today! :)
What do you receive with Birchbox?
Every month, you'll receive a box filled with 4-5 beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples from both up-and-coming and well known brands.

August 2014 Birchbox - What's inside?
The Tee-Hee box had the perfume and lip gloss inside it

  • Catherine Malandrino - Style de Paris Fragrance (sample): I like the scent. Very light, crisp, summery
  • K6 Skincare - clear Antioxidant Facial Cleanser (sample): clear color and the smell reminds me of Noxima
  • LAQA & Co - Sheer Lip Lub Pencil in Bees Knees (full size): fun coral color, smells/tastes like a mint toothpick, not too thick or cakey feeling
  • Noir Cosmetics - Long-Wear Eyeliner in black (full size): I haven't tried this one yet, but the words creamy & velvety in it's description has me believe it would go on nice and I like that it's waterproof. P.S. - Why don't they say tear proof instead of waterproof...isn't that what we are the most concerned about? Mull that around for a while, but I think I'm right.
  • Whish - Shave Crave Shaving Cream Acai Grapfruit (sample) - I also haven't tried this one yet but it has shea-butter in it and it smells great. Full size $20!!! Woof!

Birchbox Pro's & Con's List:
Pro:

  • $10 a month shipped! Not too shabby considering I got 2 full-sized products, and just those 2 products alone are worth $33.
  • Products are high-end and are a good variety (not 3 different lipsticks)
  • The box comes addressed to The Brilliant __(your name)__
  • I like that they include a description card. It lists out the product name, cost of the full-size product, a description of what it is, and how to use it. I like that you don't have to go on their website, or do your own research, to figure out how to use it, or how much it would cost you. You can still go on their website for more info, but I like that they provide a quick description in the box.  

I got full-size products of the LAQA & Co. lip gloss and the Noir eyeliner














Con:
* It comes in a box vs. a cute reusable cosmetic bag that Ipsy offers. Granted I'll probably recycle the box I like that I'd actually reuse the cosmetic bags from Ipsy.


Overall, I liked this months products and will use all of them. I think I'll give it another month, but as of right now I am leaning towards Ipsy. I don't need to have 2 beauty subscription boxes, and I like getting the reusable cosmetic bags from Ipsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment