Saturday, August 30, 2014

Family Fun at the 2014 Great Minnesota Get-Together (MN State Fair)

We headed over to the Minnesota State Fair, or the Great Minnesota Get-Together as many like to call it on Thursday with the boys. In total we were there for about 5 or 6 hours. What helped us survive the state fair with 2 little ones under 3 was:

     * Extra snacks packed with
     * Rain gear packed as their was light rain in the forecast
     * Easy to maneuver, lightweight strollers
     * Going early in the day
     * Making the first half of the day about them and doing all the things they'd enjoy
     * Making the last half for us. They were tired and content in their strollers  and we got to see the things
        we wanted.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed. Great way to start the fair!
My deep-fried favorite at the fair this year. Queen olives, stuffed with cream cheese and then deep fried, served with ranch dipping sauce.  This year we had a Chicken Gyro from the International Market, deep fried olives, bullseye (chocolate dipped peanut butter then battered and deep fried), corn dog, Sweet Martha Cookies, and french fries.


A view from the top. Roman and I went on the Ferris Wheel. On our way to the fair he said he wanted to ride this ride and when we asked what his favorite part of the fair was he said the Ferris Wheel.
Who can resist the Ferris Wheel....my husband. I guess it's not for everyone.

A view from the top!
 
More Rides....(monster trucks, Dumbo, and a train)


Kemps Little Farm Hands. Roman and Logan got to do farm work for the day. They were rewarded with fake money that they got to use to purchase a little prize in the end and free samples of ice cream. Not too bad!






A pit stop for Mommy & Daddy! Land of 10,000 brews! As a bonus, I got a free flight of beer...mistakenly. I got my flight of beer, brought it up to the counter to pay for it, and the confused cashier asked what I was doing. I told her I was paying for my flight of beer...apparently, I was suppose to buy a ticket, and then give it in exchange for a flight of beer. Her response "Oh honey...you just got yourself some free beer. They should have asked you for a ticket, so enjoy!" And we did!

 
While on Machinery Hill checking out the tractors, Roman and Logan had to test drive a John Deere of course! Ok...it was parked, but they made all the necessary sounds for real life mowing!


And our final stop was at the horse barn. One of my favorite stops. Such beautiful creatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment