Thursday, August 28, 2014

Rosemary Bread Machine Bread

I had another successful run with my bread-machine! I made Rosemary bread using fresh Rosemary from our herb garden at home. It was very easy and the result was a bread similar in taste to the bread they serve at Macaroni Grill. Yum.

I'm missing the black pepper in this picture, but you get the idea.

I found a recipe on Pinterest and made some changes and came up with the recipe below. Of course there is variation from the original recipe! Like I've said in previous posts - I like to bake dangerously, and recklessly abandon recipes!


Rosemary Bread Machine Bread:
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or bread flour)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning (can replace with  Italian seasoning)
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper 
  • 1.5 tablespoons fresh rosemary rough chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Instructions: Add ingredients in the above order to your bread machine.
Bread Machine Settings: 1.5 loaf, white bread, medium crust.

2 comments:

  1. Does the water need to be a certain temperature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I make bread, it is always best to be at room temperature to get the most rise out of the yeast. Too hot and it will kill the yeast, too cold and the yeast will stay in a "sleepy" phase and not give as much rise. So it is best between 72-78 degrees Fahrenheit for optimum rise.

      Delete